Unqualified advice: Christmas gift guide

Today I would like to give you some very unqualified advice about Christmas presents. As I will post some more Christmassy posts in the c...

Today I would like to give you some very unqualified advice about Christmas presents. As I will post some more Christmassy posts in the coming days (DIYs, recipes, all that Michael Bublé), I thought it’s only fitting to use this post as a preface.

Unqualified advice #1: 
You do not have to give presents.
You don’t have to give presents if you don’t want to - just let the people who might be expecting them know that you are not going to give them anything this Christmas. I know it shouldn’t matter but if it has been a tradition with your family or friends they might take it the wrong way. Just let them know in time that you 1) don’t want to receive anything for Christmas this year/ever and 2) you will not buy presents for anybody from now on.  Also, you don't have to give presents to people you don't want to (relatives you only meet once a year, etc).

Unqualified advice #2:
Ask them.
Really. Just ask your family/friends this simple question: Is there anything you want for Christmas? You can also ask for a list, because lists are really helpful.

Unqualified advice #3:
You do not have to spend a fortune on presents.
In case these very extravagant Youtube Christmas gift guides make you think that you really need to splash out on some fancy candles and other stuff*- you don’t. You really don’t.
I know that every little thing adds up and that’s mainly why I do my Christmas shopping before December - so I'm not completely broke by the time the new year rolls around. Next year try paying attention to what the people you'd like to gift say they want to buy but then never do (so you can get it in October-November). Don't limit yourself to only doing Christmas shopping towards the end of the year, keep your eyes open all year round. BONUS: doing this also saves you from the stress that is a going to any shopping centre in December. Brrrr.

*I know that every Christmas gift guide is personal (this is too). You do you. :)

🎄🎅🎁


You Might Also Like

0 megjegyzés

Thank you for stopping by!