Unqualified advice: the office morning routine

Hello there, I wanted to start this post by saying that I've been busy working hence the lack of any activity on here. Actual...


Hello there,

I wanted to start this post by saying that I've been busy working hence the lack of any activity on here. Actually, that's not it. The truth is: I am busy napping, reading and cleaning. Once I get home I do some chores (when I fancy doing them, that is), catch up on the things that happened while I was gone (various cat sightings), slather different facemasks on my face and watch something. And then, somehow, the whole evening is gone and I need to go to bed to be able to get up early in the morning and repeat the whole thing, with less vigour towards the end of the week...

But today's post is not going to be about me being tired and done for the day - today's post is about starting your workday right and it also is the first post in the series of unqualified advice.
Here we go:

Have an office morning routine. 

Ever since I started to work at a proper office I take something like 3-5 minutes to get myself sorted first before I get sucked into my inbox. Here is what I usually do:
  1. turn my computer on, and while it's booting, I...
  2. open the windows
  3. take my coat off (obviously) and put it away
  4. put my lunch in the fridge in the kitchen and fill my water bottle
  5. sort my bag out and put my phone, tissues and makeup bag on my desk
  6. a quick brush through my hair and if need to, apply some deodorant (it's winter, coats are hot, trams are hot... you get it)
  7. and I also like to check my makeup and if need to, fix it quickly (reapplying lipstick, powder, etc)
And that is all! It can be all done in minutes and it gives my day a good start and most importantly, it makes me feel good - even if I have tonnes of e-mails in my inbox and lots of things to do.

What you should take away from this post is: never dive straight into work when you arrive at the office. If it could wait overnight, it can surely wait a few more minutes in the morning. If you give yourself some time to 'transform' into the office-you, you will be focused - and frankly, work, unfortunately, does not go away. So deep, so true. 💼

You Might Also Like

0 megjegyzés

Thank you for stopping by!